Coconut Sugar 250g
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
This Coconut Sugar made from coconut blossom nectar is certified organic and has not been heated, bleached or processed in any way.
One Of The Best Substitutes For "Normal" Sugar
The many dangers associated with excessive sugar consumption have been widely publicised of late and, as a result, many of us are striving to reduce our refined sugar intake. This can prove difficult, especially as our body is pre-programmed to crave sugar. So, what is the best sugar substitute for those with a markedly sweet tooth?
As usual Mother Nature has the answer with an impressive range of natural sweeteners, including organic coconut sugar - arguably the very best sugar substitute there is! Coconut sugar is made from organic coconut blossom nectar and, unlike ordinary sugar, isn’t stripped of all its beneficial nutrients through heating, bleaching or any other type of intensive processing.
This leaves it rich nutrients that perform several important bodily functions, including vitamin B2, as well as the minerals, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
As well scoring low on the glycaemic index with a value of 35 (a ranking of carbohydrate-containing foods based on the overall effect on blood glucose levels), organic coconut sugar also boasts a deliciously sweet butterscotch flavour, making it far easier easy to kick refined sugar than ever before!
Coconut Sugar Benefits
- Coconut Sugar contains several B vitamins and is rich in vitamin B2 (Riboflavin).
- Is rich in the minerals, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
- Boasts a low Glycaemic Index value of just 35.
- Is an ideal alternative to refined sugar.
- Is certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain.
- Has been dried and processed at low temperatures in order to retain an optimal number of its naturally occurring nutrients.
- Is completely pure and contains absolutely no additives
- Is suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or raw food diet.
How To Use Coconut Sugar
Coconut sugar possesses an irresistibly sweet butterscotch flavour and is an versatile substitute for refined sugar.