Latin Name: Chondrus crispus
- Nutritionally dense Irish Moss Powder
- High in iodine - naturally supports thyroid health
- High in calcium and magnesium - maintains healthy bones and teeth
- Typically used as a vegan thickening agent
- Re-sealable airtight foil pouch to ensure maximum freshness
- 100% pure botanical ingredients – nothing else added
Irish Moss from Indigo Herbs is a nutritionally dense, raw dried red algae milled into a fine powder. It is exceptionally high in iodine which is known for its contribution to healthy thyroid function. This seaweed contains a wealth of vitamins and minerals and is typically used as a vegetarian/vegan thickening agent. Notably absent from a vegetarian diet, sulphur-containing amino acids, such as taurine, are abundant in Irish Moss - more so than in any other type of seaweed.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the health benefits, quality, manufacture and suggested use of this Superfood. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of nature’s healing botanicals.
Pure Irish Moss Powder
Irish moss functions as a thinner. As a result, individuals that are taking anticoagulant medications (blood thinners) should abstain from using Irish moss in any form.
Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use Irish Moss as the effects are unknown.