Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) refers to a type of depression caused by changes in the seasons. People with SAD can suffer from depression, extreme tiredness, drowsiness, and changes to their appetite which can result in weight gain. SAD is more common in autumn and winter due to the reduction of sunlight. This reduction may disrupt your body's internal clock and lead to SAD symptoms, also known as "winter depression".
Studies point to a reduction in serotonin, a neurotransmitter in the brain, this may cause some of the symptoms associated with seasonal affective depression/
The SAD daylight lamp uses LED to emit light, diffusely reflects the light through the diffuser film, and provides a brightness of up to 10000 lux at a distance of 10am from the lamp.
Its thought that the light from such lamps may improve SAD by encouraging the brain to produce more serotonin while reducing the production of melatonin (a hormone that makes you sleepy).
• Produces light at a brightness of 10000 lux
• Encourages the brain to produce serotonin
• Thought to help increase mood, sleep patterns and attention span
• Portable size, excellent for home, office or travelling
• Can be operated with a USB power pack
• Dimensions 24x15x2cm