Camu Camu powder is made from the red, purple or green, cherry-sized camu camu berries that grow on a small riverside bush (Myrciaria Dubia), native to the swampy lowlands of Peru. The berries, which have been enjoyed by Peruvian Indian tribes for centuries, are hand picked and freeze dried in order to retain an optimum number of their naturally occurring nutrients and to temper their slightly sour flavour.
It contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamins (B vitamins and vitamin C), minerals (calcium, phosphorus and iron) amino acids and bioflavonoids, and boasts a wonderfully fruity flavour.
Camu Camu Powder Benefits
- Contains around 12-13% naturally occuring Vitamin C (ascorbic acid). 1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) serving of the Organic Camu Camu powder, provides 300mg which represents 375% of the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance).
- Contains B vitamins and vitamin C.
- Contains the minerals, calcium, phosphorus and iron.
- Contains amino acids and bioflavonoids.
- Is certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain
- Has been dried and processed at low temperatures in order to retain an optimal number of its naturally occurring nutrients.
- Is totally pure and free from added fillers.
- Is highly concentrated so only a small amount is required.
- Is suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
How To Use Camu Camu Powder
As camu camu powder is extremely concentrated only a small amount is required. Try stirring it into your favourite smoothies for a easy way to obtain all the nutrients of camu camu.
Alternatively follow the traditional route of enjoying it how the South Americans have for hundreds of years, in delicious sweet desserts.
Camu Camu Powder Recipe - Camu Camu Cream
An irresistibly indulgent dessert crammed with tempting ingredients, including creamy cashew nuts, sweet agave nectar and fresh mandarin orange, in addition to a generous serving of fruity camu camu powder. For lovers of good food as well as all those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.