Cacao nibs are delicious pieces of pure, raw cacao bean that have an intense chocolate flavour and lovely aroma.
Raw cacao nibs are pure pieces of raw cacao that, unlike ordinary chocolate, are free from sugar and milk.
They have a amazing and pure chocolate flavour that can be enjoyed just as they are as a handy snack. Cacao in its raw form such as these cacao nibs have been popular for thousands of years and was enjoyed by the Mayans and Aztecs who named it the "Food of Gods".
Cacao nibs contain a unique composition of nutrients, including vitamin C, the minerals, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper, fibre, omega-6 fatty acids, PEA (phenylethylamine) and a small amount of tryptophan, theobromine, anandamide and theophylline.
These cacao nibs alos contain around 40% fat content (low compared to other nuts). We only ever use criollo beans and only if they are certified organic and from a ethical source. Criollo beans are recognised as the best beans in the world for flavour, consistency and nutrients.
Cacao Nibs Benefits
- Cacao nibs possess an intense chocolate flavour and lovely rich aroma.
- Are free from refined sugars or dairy products
- Are the ideal ingredient in raw chocolate recipes.
- Contain vitamin C.
- Contain the minerals, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc and copper
- Are rich in magnesium.
- Contain fibre, omega-6 fatty acids & PEA (phenylethylamine).
- Contain only a small amount of tryptophan, theobromine, anandamide and theophylline.
- Contain surprisingly little caffeine and are totally free from refined sugars or dairy products.
- Are certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers"
- Are totally pure and free from mycotoxins, fungi and yeasts.
- Have been dried and processed at low temperatures in order to retain an optimal number of their naturally occurring nutrients.
- Are lactose free.
- Cacao nibs are suitable for a vegetarian, vegan and raw food diet