Incan Berries 100g
Incan berries are native to Amazonian regions of South America, where they have been a traditional source of food and medicine for centuries. Indeed, these small, yellow/orange berries, which are slightly larger than raisins, pack a mighty punch, and contain an impressive selection of valuable nutrients, including vegetable protein, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 and C, pectin, bioflavonoids, phosphorus and a small amount of melatonin. And Incan berries, which are gently sun-dried once fully ripe, are literally crammed with crunchy, lemon-flavoured seeds that lend them a surprisingly delicious, sweet and sour flavour.
Incan berries grow on the Physalis peruviana – a plant native to Amazonian regions of South America, where the yellow/orange berries have been used as a traditional source of food and medicine for centuries. Today Incan berries, also known as ‘Golden Berries’ and ‘Aztec Berries’, are cultivated in many other tropical, subtropical and temperate areas, including South Africa, Turkey and even England.
Incan Berries Benefits
- Incan berries contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 and C.
- Incan berries also contain pectin, bioflavonoids, phosphorus and a small amount of melatonin.
- Incan berries make a sensible snack between meals, particularly for those with a sweet tooth.
- Our Incan berries are certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers"
- Our Incan berries have been sun-dried and processed at low temperatures in order to retain an optimum number of nutrients.
- Our Incan berries are totally pure and contain no additives.
- Our Incan berries are suitable for those following a vegetarian, vegan or raw food diet.
How To Use Incan Berries
You can enjoy a small handful (approx. 10 grams) of organic Incan berries each day. Try make a great additional ingredient in trail mixes and similar on the go mixed snacks.
Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place and once open, consume within 2 months.
Incan Berries Recipe - Incan Berry and Kale Salad
Incan berries add a final splash of colour and a welcome touch of sweetness to this wonderfully filling salad that’s packed with nutrient-dense foods, including wholesome kale, creamy avocado, succulent apricots and crunchy pumpkin seeds. For lovers of good food as well as all those following a vegetarian, vegan or rawfood diet.
When buying high-quality health products, it's important to know you are shopping with an authorised supplier. We are fully authorised stockists of the premium brands Solgar and Viridian.
We're qualified and eager to help with any health advice you need.
Call 01462 436881 or click here to email us
Free Delivery over £40
Spend at least £40 and get free delivery!